Everyone at home like this dish very much. But no one at home knows how to make it. We normally bought from people... and it's getting more expensive. So 1 fine day, mum decided to try making this herself.
It was her 1st attempt making this, but thumbs up... great job, really... overall we gave her a 90%.
Pic : Presentable huh?
Here's the recipe :-
1 kg Pork Belly
1 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tsp five spice powder
4 tbsp Hakka Nam Yee
Shao Xin White Wine
Oil for deep-frying
1. Cut pork belly into 4 pieces and mix with marinade ingredients.
2. Use a big frying pan. Deep-fry in hot oil until golden brown. Dish up. Drain the oil.
2. Use fork and prick holes on the skin then cut all pieces into about 1.5cm thick slices.
3. Cut yam into 1cm thick slices and deep fry in hot oil until golden brown. Drain.
4. Arrange pork belly and yam (i.e. pork then yam, then pork then yam) onto a steaming bowl and pour over gravy. Let them soak in the gravy for 1 hour before steam.
5. Steam pork belly and yam for 2 hours until tender.