Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Pina Colada Cheesecake

Bites Tale : May be i just don't have "jodoh" with this recipe!

Look at this cake!

Pretty?

But

It ended up in the garbage bin.

This is the 2nd time I tried to make this cake! I wanted to make it for my dad's birthday. Why is it so difficult? I’ve made lemon cheesecake and mango cheesecake before.. all turned out well.. but, but… making this Pina Colada Cheesecake is killing me!!!

I got the recipe from “Taste of Cold, Sweet Temptations" by Kelly Tang.. it’s supposed to work! I’ve made ice-creams and other cheesecakes from it.. but I just couldn’t make this..

So, I’m going to share this recipe with you (without my step-by-step photos in case i mislead you with the steps) :

Ingredients:

Coconut cookie crust base :

110g coconut cookies, crushed

60g unsalted butter, melted

Some canned pineapple, diced & cut into cubes

Filling :

A.

250g cream cheese, softened

200g sweetened condensed milk

1 tbsp lemon juice

1 tsp grated lemon rind

260g canned pineapple, drained & blended into puree

1/4 tsp pineapple essence

1 drop yellow colouring (i skip this)

B.

60ml canned pineapple syrup


1&1/2 tbsp gelatine powder

Method:


1. For coconut crust : combine coconut cookie crumbs, melted butter and press into a baking pan. Chill in fridge;

2. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and condensed milk until smooth. Add in remaining ingredient A and mix well;

3. Combine canned pineapple juice and gelatine powder. Double boil until gelatine powder dissolved. Pour into the mixture and mix well;

4. Sprinkle some diced pineapple onto the crust and pour over cheese filling. Chill for 3 hours or until firm.

If you are making this, please tell me what’s the result…

Please.. please... please...


5 comments:

CJane said...

LOL!! I know how that feels! :D But despite that, it still looks cute! :D

meatball online said...

thanks c jane.. if u see wat i did after making that... u'll laugh.. kekeke

i made another cake, and the decoration very ugly.. luckily the candles helped!

cheesecakeerian said...

Oh well... At least it's a pretty cake? =)

meatball online said...

kakaka, cheesecakeerian.. u should see the next cake i bake!

WokkingMum said...

I read somewhere to avoid using pineapple with gelatine cos it doesnt set well leh. So maybe it's the pineapple or the gelatine? Why not try those Chinese Agar Agar Strips?

But it looks really pretty! :)